Oh Happy Day - Scraps of Darkness

Oh Happy Day Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar for Scraps of Darkness - Blue Fern Studios Memoirs Collection

Hi! I'm sharing another layout that I created with the February "Our Story" Kit from Scraps of Darkness. The Blue Fern Studios Memoirs collection is so beautiful that I really didn't want to cover up too much of the paper! I found an older photo of my daughters that I thought would be a great way to highlight the natural elements present in the patterned paper design.

How to Accent Patterned Paper with a Distress Marker by Dana Tatar

I wanted to highlight some of the beautiful scroll patterns on the background. I used the Festive Berries Distress Marker from the Elements Add-On to trace over the design. This was also a great way to add a pop of color.

How to Burn a Stamped Image into Cork by Dana Tatar

My favorite item from the Creativity Add-On is the 12x12 Cork Sheet. The cork sheet is thin enough to cut with a paper trimmer. It also works great with punches! I cut the 12x12 sheet down to about 6x6 and then punched the edges. I wanted to keep the natural cork color, so I first stamped and then burned the design into the cork with a hot tool for a fun, more natural, design feature.

To help bring out some of the subtle reds and blues of this patterned papers, I brought in some red ribbon, and red and blue flowers from my stash. The variety of 49 and Market flowers and leaves from the Main Kit and Floral Add-On came together beautifully to create rustic flower clusters.

Journaling Card Title on a Romantic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

The Prima Love Clippings Journaling Notecards make great titles! I used one to create a title spot of this layout that I surrounded with fussy cuts, flowers, Distress Marker highlights, and stamping.

If you don't have a Scraps of Darkness subscription, the extra kits are going fast. You can pick up yours, and find out more about the club, at ScrapsofDarkness.com. We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.

Pin It!


How to Punch and Burn Cork Sheets

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and the cork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment