May 52 - Scraps of Darkness

May '52 Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar for Scraps of Darkness Kit Club - February Our Story Kit

I'm having such a fun time designing with the February Our Story Kit from Scraps of Darkness! The Prima Love Clippings Journaling Notecards (Main Kit) and the 6x6 Love Clippings Collection Kit (Creativity Add-On) really helps to stretch the 12x12 papers a bit further because I can cut up these smaller papers to help build up layers on my pages. I got creative with this page and created faux layers with border strips and bits and pieces from larger sheets of paper and my scrap pile. I even used some flower packaging under my photo.

How to Color Chipboard Letters with a Distress Ink Marker by Dana Tatar

I used an old photo of my maternal Grandfather, who I sadly never got to meet. It was dated May 1952 so I used that for the title of this layout. I colored the Kaisercraft chipboard letters with the Festive Berries Distress Marker from the Elements Add-On.

Gold Foil Rub-On Accents on a Romantic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I colored these pieces of Blue Fern Studios XOXO chipboard with the Distress Marker as well. I stamped over the background with the Ruby Rock-It Bella! Champagne Bubbles stamp from the Main Kit using the Prima Chocolat Dye Ink from the Color Add-On. I then staggered some fleur-de-lis accents from the BoBunny Copper Accents Foil Transfers Rub-Ons included in the Elements Add-On. This shimmer to this foil is amazing!

Flower Cluster on a Heritage Scrapbook Page by Dana Tatar - Prima and 49andMarket Flowers

I finished this page with some flowers from the Floral Add-On. I changed the look of the yellow flower by removing the flower center and using that as a separate smaller bloom. I replaced the flower center of the larger yellow flower with beads that I borrowed from a Prima Puccini flower.

If you don't have a Scraps of Darkness subscription, the extra kits are going fast. You can pick up yours, and find out more about the club, at ScrapsofDarkness.com. We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the flowers and the old typewriter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment