Leo - Scraps of Darkness

Leo Mixed Media Cat Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar for Scraps of Darkness Kit Club

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm sharing another layout that I created with the February Our Story Kit from Scraps of Darkness, featuring the Prima Love Clippings collection. I snapped this photo of my Sister-In-Law's cat while I was home visiting over Christmas. I used the Prima Love Clippings All of Me Loves All of You patterned paper, B-Side up, for the base of this page.

Watercolor and Embossed Chipboard on a Shabby Chic Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I love the distressed look of this patterned paper. I added more layers of color and texture in a similar fashion by using a spatula with the Dina Wakley Media Blushing Heavy Body Acrylic Paint from the Creativity Add-On, the Lindy's Stamp Gang Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst Mist from the Color Add-On, the Lindy's Stamp Gang Milk Chocolate Magical Shimmer Powder from the Main Kit, and the Blue Fern Studios Charred Bricks Glitter from the Elements Add-On that I mixed with clear crackle glaze to help stick. Once that was dry I stamped over the background with the Ruby Rock-It Bella! Champagne Bubbles stamp from the Main Kit and the Prima Chocolat Dye Ink from the Color Add-On.

The B-Side of the Deeply In Love patterned paper has wonderful journaling cards to cut apart. I used two of them on this page at the top and bottom of my page as an alternative to stamping. These cards were really fun to embellish! I colored the chipboard heart from the Blue Fern Studios XOXO Laser Cut Chipboard set with the Blue Fern Studios Garnet Embossing Powder from the Creativity Add-On.

I colored the Kaisercraft Chipboard Alphabet letters from the Main Kit with the Dina Wakley Media Blushing Heavy Body Acrylic Paint from the Creativity Add-On. Once that was dry I mixed the Lindy's Stamp Gang Milk Chocolate Magical Shimmer Powder from the Main Kit with water and dripped the solution onto the letters for a cool water-stained shimmery finish.

Mixed Media Background Techniques on a Romantic Shabby Chic Cat Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

I colored the Blue Fern Studios XOXO chipboard with the Prima Chocolat Dye Ink from the Color Add-On. I tucked the chipboard between layers of patterned paper that I cut from the Journaling Notecards (Main Kit) and the 6x6 Love Clippings Collection Kit from the Creativity Add-On. These smaller paper pads really helped me stretch the life of my kit.

If you don't have a Scraps of Darkness subscription, the extra kits are going fast. You can pick up yours, and find out more about the club, at ScrapsofDarkness.com. We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.

Comments

Post a Comment