ColorBox Pearl Rain Nebulae - Clearsnap

DIY Nebulae Kids Craft Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap
Spray Ink and Glitter provided by Clearsnap.

Hi! I'm sharing a fun kids craft using the NEW ColorBox® Pearl Rain Spray on the Clearsnap blog today. My daughters have been asking a lot of questions about the solar system. As a parent, this both excites and scares me! I'm not an expert on the topic of space, so I'm having a blast learning right along with my children. I thought it would be great to pair some simple space facts with a quick and easy hands-on art project to create these colorful nebulae. A nebula is an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases. I used common craft project staples; cotton balls, glitter, and ink, to replicate space dust. I had a lot of fun sneaking some learning into this project and my girls are enjoying explaining their nebulae to their friends. It's a win-win! Stop by the Clearsnap blog for the full tutorial!

My girls chose their favorite colors of spray ink for their nebula. ColorBox Spritzers are dye inks in cute little bottles and are available in 14 colors! Try layering several colors of Spritzers Spray for a truly unique look! These spray inks are quick drying and they coordinate with the most popular ColorBox Archival Dye Ink colors. In addition to this fun project, use these spray inks with screens, masks, and stencils to create unique backgrounds and designs for a variety of crafts.

I'm planning to take my girls on a trip to the Planetarium as a follow-up activity to this project. I haven't been since I was their age, but still remember being amazed during my visit. I think seeing a film about the night sky and other astrological phenomenon will help bring this concept to life and solidify their learning.

I'd love to hear about how you use art to help teach complex concepts. Let me know if you have a fun project for kids in the comment section.

Clearsnap Supplies:
Other Supplies: Plastic Tubes, Cotton Balls, Water

DIY Nebulae Kids Craft Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap

Comments

Post a Comment