ColorBox Blends Embroidery Hoop Orbs - Clearsnap

Embroidery Hoop Orb Home Decor by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap
The ink for this project was supplied by Clearsnap. I was inspired by a project post at AKADesign.

Hi! I'm sharing my latest home décor project for Clearsnap today. I’ve seen embroidery hoops all over Pinterest and I’ve been inspired to create with them. This colorful bowl of orbs started out as raw wood embroidery hoops. I stained these hoops with some of my favorite shades of ColorBox Blends by Eileen Hull and ColorBox Crafter’s Ink by Ann Butler. My home is filled with neutral furnishings, so I change up my décor for each season by adding colorful accents. This bowl of orbs is a great inexpensive way to add a fun pop of color to your home for the Fall months.


Natural Wood Embroidery Hoops Before Staining by Dana Tatar


ColorBox Blends, developed by popular artist Eileen Hull for Clearsnap, hold more than 10 times the ink of a traditional ink pad. The convenient foam sponge applicator kept my hands clean while I applied the ink directly to the wood embroidery hoops. There are over a dozen fantastic colors of ColorBox Blends available, so you're sure to find a palette that works for your décor. Try using ColorBox Blends on paper, clay, and fabric.

Nutmeg ColorBox Blends Stained Wood Embroider Hoops by Dana Tatar

How to Stain Wood Embroidery Hoops with ColorBox Blends and Crafter's Ink by Dana Tatar

I used ColorBox Blends in Beach (blue), Golden (yellow) and Nutmeg (brown). I also used a ColorBox Crafter’s Ink by Ann Butler ink pad in Canyon (red), which I applied using an Art Dauber from the ColorBox Blending Kit. Once I had all the hoops stained, I used a heat gun to set the color for permanence. My craft studio is in my basement, so I appreciated the ease of using ink that cleans up with water rather than a costly stain that would have required additional supplies and ventilation.


Bowl of Stained Wood Embroidery Hoops by Dana Tatar

I have this bowl sitting on a small table in my entryway, but it could easily be used as a festive centerpiece.

Clearsnap Supplies:
ColorBox Blends by Eileen Hull – Beach, Golden Nutmeg
ColorBox Crafter’s by Ann Butler – Canyon
ColoBox Blending Kit

Wood Embroidery Hoop Orbs Stained with ColorBox Blends Tutorial by Dana Tatar

Comments

  1. Wow wow wow!! These are AMAZING!! What a great idea!! PINNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment