Skeleton Love Canvas - Susan K. Weckesser + The Crafter's Workshop


Hi! I'm sharing a canvas that I created for the joint Susan K. Weckesser and The Crafter's Workshop event today. This canvas measures 6x6 inches so I selected several mini (6x6 inch) stencils; Rib Cage, Beaded Curtain, Positive and Heartstrings Frags for this project. I'm still going strong with Halloween projects--this one has a healthy dose of whimsy!


I cut a vibrant section from a piece of Live In Color patterned paper and added some stamping using the Susan K. Weckesser A Little Bit Washi Stamp Set. I added more patterns to the background of this canvas using the Mini Beaded Curtain and Mini Positive stencils with a black pen and yellow Clearsnap Smooch.



I applied whipped spackle over the Mini Rib Cage stencil and then added a black crackle heart using the Mini Heartstrings Frags stencil. While the crackle paint was still wet, I sprinkled some pink glitter over the top for a pop of color.

I finished this canvas with a multicolored bow and some Diviney song lyrics that read:

Your skeleton is heaven but your heart's pitch black.
And I like ya like that.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'd also like to that The Crafter's Workshop for the amazing selection of stencils!


http://unitystampco.com/shop/a-little-bit-washi/ https://www.etsy.com/listing/84732887/live-in-color-scrapbook-paper-collection?ref=shop_home_active_1

Comments

  1. This is fabulous! LOVING that heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool whimsical canvas! I love how you combined the heart and the skeleton. I'd love go work with those stencils and the washi stamps as well.



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment