Delight In The Day Canvas - Quick Quotes


Hi! I'm sharing a canvas that I created with products from the August Club Q Page Layouts and Altered Kits for Quick Quotes today. I had a lot of fun using 10 colors of PowderPuff Chalking Ink to color the background of my canvas. The embellishments in the August Club Q Kits were a fantastic mix of textured ribbons, die-cuts, flowers, brads and paper straws. I piled all of these supplies onto a sturdy 5x7 Canvas Panel, which is included in the kit.


I used a stencil and molding paste to add the circle pattern to the canvas. I then cut pieces of mesh ribbon and attached it to the corners of the canvas with washi tape. I let the canvas dry overnight before moving on to the next step.


I covered the canvas with a layer of gesso to help seal the ribbon and tape to my canvas and to prepare the canvas for color. I dried the gesso with a heat gun, which only took about a minute, and continued on to the next step--adding color!


I planned to add blue embellishments over this background, so I chose yellow and purple inks for a bold contrast. I used sponge daubers to apply the PowderPuff Chalking Ink to the canvas. I started by first coloring the circles with Lemonade PowderPuff Chalking Ink. I then blended Brandywine, Purple Passion, Very Berry, Plum Crazy, Pink Cheeks and Blue Jeans PowderPuff Chalking Ink in the spaces between the circles. Lastly, I used Mocha Mama and Midnight Confessions PowderPuff Chalking Ink to hightlight the edges of the yellow circles. I set the ink with my heat gun and then used a dry brush to apply a light coat of white acrylic paint over the canvas to soften the color for a more shabby finish.


I inked the edges of flower and leaf die-cuts with Mocha Mama PowderPuff Chalking Ink. I wanted a less intense color on my die-cuts so I applied Coconut White PowderPuff Chalking Ink to the die-cuts with a stipple brush using a pouncing motion.


I used the paper straws to finish the edge of my canvas. I simply cut a slit down each straw, slipped them over the edges of my canvas, and then trimmed them to length. I sealed the inside edge of the straws with a white dimensional paint pen.


I attached beautiful Petaloo blooms in a cluster on the center of my canvas and topped it with a sentiment. I trimmed the colored border from the sentiment and inked the edges to match my canvas. I punched a hole in both ends of the sentiment and used brads and twine to tie the sentiment around the canvas. I covered the printed dots on the sentiment with the same white dimensional paint pen that I used around the inner edge of my canvas. I finished the canvas with a big bow.


I'm planning to hang this colorful canvas in my scrap room. Any day that I can find some time to craft is a delight!

Quick Quotes Supplies:
August Club Q Page Layout Kits - Option A
August Club Q Altered Kit - Option B
Lemonade PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Brandywine PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Purple Passion PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Very Berry PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Plum Crazy PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Pink Cheeks PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Blue Jeans PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Mocha Mama PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Midnight Confessions PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Coconut White PowderPuff Chalking Ink

Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your abundant canvas - it is bursting with lovely things
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment