Dog Gone Cute

Supplies:
Paper: Dream Street Papers, Cosmo Cricket
Felt: Queen & Company
Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket
Flower: American Crafts
 Thread: Iris
 Adhesive Foam: American Crafts

Scrapbook News and Review Magazine has a wonderful monthly feature called Play Along With Me where staff members pick a tutorial from a recent issue and use it to create a new project.  SNR staffer Lucy Chesna shared a tutorial about how to add 3D effects to photos.  Lucy shared three different techniques in her tutorial and I really wanted to try them all!  I usually use adhesive foam to raise fussy cut elements on my layouts, but I have never applied the same process to a photo. I cut pieces from several photos and used adhesive foam to assemble my photo pieces to create a multi-layered photo.  The photo on the above layout has three layers. This technique was easy and fun and a great way to use up extra copies of my favorite photos. I also love the dimension it added to my layout!


If you love learning new techniques but are short on time, this feature is great to follow because you get two different inspiring projects using the same technique as well as design notes and helpful tips from two designers.  If you don't have a subscription to SNR Magazine it's a great time to subscribe!  There are several exciting things happening before the end of the year including a project-packed double issue that will be released in two parts, October 30th and November 13th!  If you're looking for a special Christmas gift for a fellow scrapper, a subscription to SNR Magazine will be sure to put a smile on their face!

Comments

  1. GREAT page, Dana!! Love what you did with the picture and that banner with the bee is just too cute! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment